Have you ever heard the expression, “You are what you eat?” It makes sense on quite a few levels, but fails on so many more. I had a hamburger, am I a cow? Of course not, that would be silly. But perhaps a more interesting concept is one that deals with our mind set and how it can shift our paradigm. More pointedly, the theory can be summed up by the saying, “Our condition is the result of our actions,” or more simply, “We become what we think about.”
How to Shift your Paradigm by Changing Your Mind Set
The concept is simple and yes, can be made silly as we made the hamburger reference above. Of course you cannot become a bird simply by thinking about one. But what you can do is change your mind set to become more successful and get exactly what you want out of life. To do this, you only need a rudimentary understanding of paradigms to see just how shifting your mind set—and thus, actions—can change your entire life and current conditions.
A paradigm has many meanings, but for our affirmative life-changing purposes, paradigm is simply the mind set that you have which affects everything you do, say and think. So basically, if you think it, it will happen? Not exactly. That’s because a paradigm is much more concentrated on the subconscious level. For example, if you think, “I’m a millionaire, I’m a millionaire” over and over again, are you going to become a millionaire? Not likely.
Your paradigm is set up to deal with your current reality—that’s its default setting. As such, your current paradigm will just ignore you telling yourself you’re a millionaire—it knows that you are not.
Mind Set over Matter
So, how can you get your mind set to override your current paradigm and most of all, why would you? Let’s tackle that one question at a time:
- Why Does Your Paradigm Need to Change? For starters, the why—your paradigm controls everything you do, say, think, hear, interpret, act upon, etc. It either opens you up to opportunities, or closes them off to you. The last thing that you want is for opportunities to cease existing, rather, you want these opportunities to increase and become more readily available to you. When you change your mind set and paradigm to one more conducive to opportunities, you will start to experience them more. That’s because you will be more open and accepting to them, recognizing them for what they are since your paradigm isn’t subconsciously tuning them out and treating them as unrealistic. The bottom line is that you will be able to act out on these opportunities and our condition is the direct result of our actions.
- How Do You Change Your Paradigm Through Mind Set? So, how exactly do you go about changing your mind set to shift your paradigm to a more successful one? Unfortunately, the task—or the answer—is not so simple. That’s because we suffer from subconscious blocks that are set in place to protect our paradigm. While this might seem frustrating, there are very good reasons for these blocks to be there. These blocks are the reason it is so difficult to completely destroy a person’s mind, making up for the resiliency of the human spirit. But these blocks are also why it’s so hard to rebound from traumatic stresses—once past the blocks, new blocks are put into place to protect the new paradigm.
So, the secret here is to break through the old blocks protecting your paradigm, replace—or shift—the paradigm to one more conducive to success, and then let your natural subconscious blocks slip back into place to protect your new mindset. As you can see, this isn’t a simple process.
Three Steps for Shifting your Paradigm
There are three things that you first must do if you want your mind set to be powerful enough to shift your paradigm:
- Choose to Accept Your Paradigm Shift
- Identify Your Unsuccessful Paradigm
- Identify Your Ideal Paradigm and Enable It
To find out how to accomplish each of these steps and affect a shift in your paradigm quickly and easily, click here Rules For Successful Living right now.